Thursday, August 21, 2008

No One Cares What You Had for Lunch




I went to the library yesterday and got a new book on blogging.. Great title, “No one cares what you had for lunch 100 Ideas for your blog” written by Margaret Mason, of Mighty Goods www.mightygoods.com



Since I will take her advice I am not about to tell you what I had for lunch, but as any reader of my blog knows, it was void of any meat, dairy or caffine. We are at the cottage though, and so it is not void of any alcohol.

It is nice here, by Lake Erie. WE have our own little cottage, with a nice lake and right now I can hear wind through the trees. I thought of what a waste of money it is to go south during the summer. Yes, Canada is my home, and during the summer this is where I should stay.

The kids are at the lake in the rubber boat, and have promised me not to swim past their noses. The two older girls have gone for a walk to the store to get us marshmallows for tonight’s bonfire. Erin is having a little snooze on the futon. And I am here getting my list of things accomplished that need to be taken care of.

Last night I decided to clean out my closet and get rid of clothes that are too big, or that I would never be caught dead in. I was supposed to bring my digital camera and learn how to use it properly, but note to self is:

The first step to learning to use a digital camera is NOT to forget it at home on the kitchen counter, however I have a camera phone so will use some photos from that. I am so glad that I am not in school for a while. I need a mental break, and I like to read and have missed out on it tremendously.

Now I will head to the patio to overlook the lake, listen to the birds chirp and get in some of that reading that I have been missing for so long…….. until later.

JO

No comments: