Saturday, August 2, 2008

Detoxing the Body

I have taken on a new project. Project ME. My friend is studying Chinese Medicine and thought I might be a good case study. So I agreed. I need to repair my body, and make some healthy changes so I thought this was a great opportunity.

She interviewed me, asking me a bunch of health related questions, and then took pictures of my tongue. She could see from the tongue that there was lots of toxins in my system, and the sides of my tongue were swollen, indicating some kind of intestinal problems. SO we embarked on a strict diet, to get things moving inside, and clear out the poisons.

As I eat my breakfast of Oatbran, rice milk, and berries, I remind myself that the body is a machine and it needs a tune up.

I have been eating "Kale Delight", which is steamed Kale with leeks and mushrooms, add that to my bowl of rice, and my black beans, with a bit of organic salsa and it takes nearly as good as steak and lobster.

When craving sweets, have bowl of rice, teaspoon of organic sugar, and berries.
Today I baked apples with cinnamon on top.

I am excited really to embark on this journey, as I really feel that this is the year, the time to get things in order health wise. I feel very confident in the other areas of my life. But this is the one that holds me back. Eating healthy requires some work, some planning and some preparation. That is what I must ensure that I schedule into my day.

Will update with the diet, the cleanse and how I am feeling. Last night I felt very tired, but I suppose that is to be expected, such a huge and drastic change.

Off to drink my 6 glasses of water and drink some ginger tea!

No comments: