Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Healthy Living

This healthy living things really is hard work. I have to be mindful of everything I put in my mouth, make time to take care of my body, and squeeze time in for rest so that I have energy. It is a bit of a struggle for me right now. I have far to go, but try to measure the milestones daily. Rather than look at the big picture, this is the one thing I have to just look at small measurable amounts for success.

I noticed today in the class I was attending at the local YMCA, how obese I am right around the middle. It took being mindful, to remind myself, that this is a great body, that it is reliable and gets me where I have to go. I also noticed reminding myself that this body is working for me right now. It was a good experience able to separate the moment of thinking how far I have to go, and focusing on what I have already done. It is nice that my long time friend of 30 years has joined the gym with me. It makes me feel accountable and more motivated to go. I also enjoy spending time with my friends, and this is agood way to get that accomplished.

A silent reminder that things take time, and a little motivational inner dialogue of " you can do it, just keep going!" is helpful as well. Two months ago I had 100 pounds to lose to be a healthy weight. Not be superstar model weight, but something that is strong and solid. I should really commend myself that I am now closer to having only 80 to lose. This is my challenge I work on daily. Send positive thoughts my way as I strive to be a healthy individual living a healthy life.
Peace
Joanne

No comments: