Thursday, August 16, 2007

It's a busy life

I realize that I have not been blogging nearly as much as I should, but it's a busy life. This month has been one of the fastest months of my life. In 3 short weeks I am about to walk the WEEKEND TO END BREAST CANCER. I made this my personal goal for a number of reasons. The first reason of course being that I want to help women, and help them to detect breast cancer early. In a way though, this is a personal thing for me. I have been a smoker off and on for about 24 year. I thought walking with all those heroes, all those survivors will motivate me to be the best I can. I am looking so forward to this walk. It is 60 Kilometers (36 miles) and takes 2 days to complete. In addition we each have to raise 2000.00, so I have been busy at local grocery stores and liquor stores asking for donations. I am walking this walk alone this year. This is my first time. I want to really be able to focus on the reason I am there, and meditate along the way. Everyone tells me what a life changing experience it is, and I bet it is!

Another wonderful thing happened this week. In the mail I received a few courses that will finish my final year at university!!!! Finally! I am hitting the books again and cracking down. I have come to realize that a degree can be quite important towards my goals of travelling abroad, and will open many more doors for me. In the past I have been someone that started things and then quit right before the success came. I vow not to do that anymore.

Alas! Another blessing came this week! My second speaking engagement was confirmed for October 3, 2007. I started to gather all the supplies I will need to present my DREAM REBUILDING WORKSHOP. I am very motivated to help people change their lives and I think I have come up with a good beginning tool.

I am also getting ready for my family vacation next week. Next week at this time I will be riding some Rollercoaster in Universal Studios with my kids. My kids will be so excited that they can't sleep. See how life changes? It was just about 8 years ago when my ex used to constantly say " Disney" is just a pipe dream. Well this year it is Universal because last year it was Disney!

I will close with my favourite poems. I hope you get as much enjoyment as I do.

THE OPTIMIST CREED By Christian D. Larsen
Be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
Talk health, happiness, and prosperity to every person you meet.
Make all your friends feel there is something in them.
Look at the sunny side of everything.
Be as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
Forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
Give everyone a smile.
Spend so much time improving yourself that you have no time left to criticize others.
Be too big for worry and too noble for anger


SUCCESS by Ralph Waldo Emerson
To laugh often and much;
To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children;
To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends;
To appreciate beauty,
To find the best in others,
To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition;
To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.
This is to have succeeded.

No comments: