Thursday, August 9, 2007

Friends

Last night before I went to bed I spent some time listening to someone whine and complain. I said please don't let me be like that. Thank goodness I remembered when I woke up this morning.

I thought about my roommate Bettina, whom I often complain about. Then I thought how grateful I am for her. How good she is to the kids, how helpful she is when we are sick or need something. I decided to call her and let her know how happy I am that she was my friend.

I started thinking to myself, have I shown enough appreciation for my friends? When I arrived at work, I thought about the awesome boss I have. How I get to laugh all day and enjoy myself, and how blessed I truly am to be paid to have the opportunity to work with a man like him. So I thought how can I show my appreciation to him. I decided would be a good idea to go and buy him lunch, since he had no time for a break.

On my way home from work, I thought I would drop in and say hi to another friend, Shawn, who has become increasingly important, and somewhat of a mentor to me in this changing time of my journey and growth. When I got there she had an invitation to her wedding! What a great day! She gave me some great advise on my public speaking engagements, and I am very excited to find out how we fit into each others lives down the road.

Then I came home and spent some time with my eldest daughter. She has turned out to be a wonderful girl. I am very proud of her accomplishments. She is getting excited for our trip to Florida in ten days. I can't wait to ride the rollercoasters with her. I will have to make a mental note to make sure that the cam is working. I am often forgetful about the camera issue.

After that I decided to go to the Y and get some exercise. My friend Laura of 31 years, met me there. She is trying to help me to achieve my fitness goals. While I was there I bumped into another friend, Judy, who is also very inspiring. She is a woman that has many illnesses including, MS, and needs the aid of a walker, and still manages to TEACH yoga. How wonderful is that?

My youngest daughter joined Tae Kwon Do today, and she got her little uniform. I can't remember what they are called, Gees, or something. She looked so cute doing her newly learned moves and stances.

When I got home I had another 2 calls from old friends, and a secret admirer message on my phone, " I know you want to leave me, but I refuse to let you go," were the lyrics that played on the answering machine.

I am very lucky. Sometimes people feel bad that all my family members are deceased. I am not unhappy about that. Sure I miss my mom and dad, but they left me in good hands. I am forever grateful for the wonderful people I am surrounded by.

No comments: