Sunday, January 25, 2009

Two More Days Til Paradise

I am so excited as I sit her looking out the window at the cold, bitter snow on the balcony, realizing that in 2 short days I will be back in Belize, with my sandals on.

I was able to muster up lots of donations to take down to the Holy Cross School. Dream Makers donated lots of teddy bears and t shirts, and people from work donated Vitamins and school supplies.

I will be meeting with Dr. Shackelford, from the University of Mississippi, and talking about the work I will be doing on my long term stay later this year. I will be visiting the school at least two or three times this week, so look for interesting pictures!

I am also heading over to Caye Caulker, to explore another island, and I think Erin and I will likely take a water taxi to Belize City. The only way I could convince her was to remind her that it is a long boat ride.

I can't wait to see Laurie and Paul.

This week I have been sick with blood pressure. I finally went to a Naturopath who treated me. I had acupuncture done and prescribed some Chinese Medicine. She altered my diet, and I felt very relaxed and good with her. I feel that this scare, and it was a REAL SCARE! was enough to cure me of smoking.

I must end this blog now, get back to my reading and studies.

Next blog coming from SAN PEDRO, BELIZE, CENTRAL AMERICA! SEE YOU THERE!

No comments: