Monday, January 5, 2009

A New Year 2009

Okay! So here it is, my annual reflection on the past year and my looking forward to the next.

2008 - Another great year for me. The first thing I can think of is that I landed a good job that I really like. I earn good money and have good co-workers and bosses and to top it all off, they granted me a three month leave of absence to begin December 2009.

My second accomplishment was that I completed 4 more university courses, and I got 2 A's and 2 B's.

I made several new friends, and two stick out in my mind the most. Bronze, my lovely beau, and Martina, a co-worker.

I took two vacations as well, one to Belize to visit my friends Laurie and Paul, and one to Cuba with the kids. I went horsebacking with my kids on the beach and jumped in the waves in the Caribbean.

I did not meet all my health goals - however, I am going into 2009 20 pounds lighter, 90% vegetarian, and dairy free.

I celebrated as my eldest daughter took flight to Italy in March 2008, and my youngest brought home 6 A's on her report card.

Thankfully this year has had very little chaos and many blessings. In the year 2009 I wish to aim for the following goals

*3 month leave of absense December 2009 to March 2010 and volunteer with the Holy Cross Anglican School, a week in Honduras, and a week in Mexico.

*2 week vacation in Belize (coming up January 27)

* fundraise for the trip to the Holy Cross and raise minimum of $1000.00 to pay for shipping of donations

*pay off bills and possiblu acquire a second property

*have my divorce finalized (it is nearly 75% done)

*finish my BA and get a few more A's

*do well on Kasamba

*continue to live healthy and think healthy

I have a feeling this might be ne of those work your ass ff years, but the final pay off seems so worth it. The end of 2009 has a lot of making my ultimate dream come true.

As I sit here at work 1 hour before midnight I once again reflect what a truly wonderful year it has been. Life is good. Life is so very, very good. What more could I ask for.

No comments: