Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Volunteering and Travel Itch

Seems every fall I get the itch to travel, and the itch to be out doing mission work somewhere. I watched the movie Darfur Now, and Emmanuels Story, and keep thinking to myself I should be doing something like that. That is where my heart is.

I did get some wonderful news from my Boss yesterday. He said that he has looked at my leave of absence for next year (3 months in San Pedro volunteering at Holy Cross School) and he said it looks positive. He stated that he would like to help me, and that he will have a definite answer by next week. So Please do send positive thoughts on this.

I ordered a few books from the library today:

Three Cups of Tea




Vagabonding An Uncommon Guide to the Art of Long-Term World Travel


How to Live Your Dream of Volunteering Overseas



I feel like I am getting ready for take off - no pun intended. I went yesterday and bought a whole bunch of stuff to bring to children in Cuba. I am also collecting clothes for the women and men.

I will rest for the most part today. I have been very sick, and am trying to get myself better as naturally as possible. I am taking a lot of Chinese herbs, greens, honey, lemon, and ginger.

It seems to be working. Bye for now! Off to read

No comments: