Thursday, June 5, 2008

New Things

So last night I am in the middle of my homework, and my computer freezes up. I try repeatedly to reboot it, and it is not working. I keep getting all blue screen and it says CORRUPT on it. I have no time to dilly dally. It is time to retire the old Pentium 3 and buy a lap top. I have been putting it off for a long time, and coincidentally my new Credit card came in the mail today. So I contemplate for a few minutes and set a limit on what I will spend . The limit is 500.00 for a refurbished one, from my friends at Rama Computers. I rush out the door, no time to brush hair, and run into the store. One laptop! 275.00 SCORES!

A new lap top is exactly what I have been needing, especially with my school work, and Directabundance, and plans on extended three month sabbaticals from work.

What!?!?

Three months. Yes another wonderful opportunity has presented itself to me. On my birthday I received a letter from the Holy Cross School http://holycrossbelize.blogspot.com/2008/06/storm-from-albert.html. They have invited me to assist with the opening of The Abused Children's Counselling Centre in Novemebr 2009. I am elated. Just praying work will co-operate. There are so many wonderful things going on with the school right now, The Recycling Program, The Computer Lab, The Gardening Centre, I wish I was there for it. However there is a time for all things and I think mine is soon coming.

I would like to get down there and help with an Abused Woman's Program and support centre, maybe some kind of job training. Life is very exciting with an array of possibilities.

So here I am mobile :) Laurie says getting my lap top makes me one step closer to travelling. I think she is right.

My daughter had some exciting news today too! She is going to Circle Square Ranch. Ironically ( well not really, synchronistic) she has been offered a placement in that camp and she was jsut researching it online the other day.

School went well. I managed to pull off an A- in Social Inequality and a B+ in Accounting. That is ok, never wanted to be an accountant anyways, but it is nice to know some new accounting things. Now I am taking Critical Reasoning and Sociology of Work. I will be finished this year, and have found a Master of Arts Program that I want to take at Florida State University.

I am loving my new job, and see old faces pass by daily. The other day I ran into my placement Supervisor from 1992. WOW! SHe looks marvelous and we will be meeting for lunch. I meet some nice people that are travelling. This job enables me to do nice things and smile. When people are short money, or need to get on the transit I can decide whether to allow them or not. I am pretty compassionate, so it would be rare that I say no, and people are generally Grateful, regardless of what we might think.

Yep......... Life is GOOD! LIFE IS DAMN GOOD!

JO

No comments: