Wednesday, May 21, 2008

IN NEED OF A SHIPPING COMPANY

Today friend Laurie in Belize sent me a message on MSN. It was a post about how there is PLAYGROUND EQUIPMENT and MEDICAL SUPPLIES AND EDUCATIONAL SUPPLIES that need to be shipped to the good children of San Pedro Belize that attend the Holy Cross School.

It made me cry, thinking that all these wonderful things are locked in a trailer somewhere not being used and appreciated. I remember talking with Vernon about how he wanted to get that shipment down to the children. That was over 2 months ago.

Today I sent out a letter, both to people named Adam. One is my personal close friend, and he has ties to large companies. The other is the Chair of the TTC, the company for which I work. I asked for their help in finding a shipping company or company sponsorship to pay for the cost. I wish I would win the lottery tonight. It would be the first thing I paid.

While I was writing the letters, I thought a good place to post it might be on Oprah's Angel Network. Maybe one of the people on the message board is connected to a shipping company.
Tomorrow I will begin mass mailing to shipping companies. I hope that FED EX OR UPS or something will happen and the winds of generosity will blow the playground towards San Pedro.

The most reasonable quote they have received is $6,500.00 for the transport from Houston through Mexico and into San Pedro


PLEASE LOOK AT THE EQUIPMENT THAT IS WAITING TO BE SHIPPED AND HELP THINK OF A WAY TO GET IT THERE.

http://holycrossbelize.blogspot.com/2008/05/discovery-zone.html

PEACE

Joanne

No comments: