Friday, May 9, 2008

Good News !!!

I just got off the phone with the principal at my daughter's school. There is good news!
The school here in Mississauga is willing to do a pen pal program with The Holy Cross School in Belize. We won't be able to start until September, but I do have approval from the school, which is very motivating. I am trying to get some copies burnt of the slide show, so I can go and present it to groups of churches and schools that are interested in helping.

I am finished my winter university courses, and I did quite well. My Professor has encouraged me to carry on for a Masters Degree, and so I will likely be continuing after this year.

Today I made the decision to take 3 weeks off next year and go to Belize and volunteer with the school. I have written the school and asked that they send me a letter to present to my employer. I was so excited while I was planning it!

I better get back to the books. Today is pretty much all the time I have. I am doing a fund-raiser tomorrow for the Weekend to End Breast Cancer. I hope I will be able to raise a lot of money. I need to get to 2000.0 before September and I am at 610.00.

No comments: