Monday, December 31, 2007

Accomplishments of 2007 -- and next year


Rather than do the usual and think of all the things I didn't get accomplished in my life this year, I think I will think of what I did do this year! Now that sounds more inspiring to me as I greet the new year with new goals in mind. What I did do this year:

1. The most important thing I did this year was buy my first home on my own. It gives my children a sense of security for the first time and a place they know is theirs! That was a big one.
2. I walked a 60 km walk for Breast Cancer Research and raised 2100.00
3. I joined the Y and began working out.
4. I returned to University to finish my last year, and managed to get an A average.
5. I helped a few friends with accommodation, when they were stuck and needed a place to live.
6. I took my children to Florida for a vacation and spent some quality time with them.
7. I learned how to control my frustration with my eldest daughter who does not like going to school and realized that everyone has their strengths and weaknesses, and understand that she will find something that is meaningful to her.
8. I decided to end an unhealthy relationship, closed the book on it, and moved forward.
9. I put together a workshop, blog and website and have volunteered presenting workshops in shelters, hopefully inspiring or helping others.
10. I quite smoking for more than 2 months.
11. I took inventory of people in my life that were draining my energy and decided to have minimal contact with them, and in doing so found myself with less stress.
12. I rekindled 3 wonderful friendships, with Laura, Adam and Shawn, and in doing so, have motivated myself in many other areas and have also met many more positive people, like Thanou.
13. I maintained important friendships, made calls, wished happy birthdays and helped several people through crisis.
14. I paid for my eldest daughter to take a trip to Italy with her school.
15. I attended at least 5 motivational speaking events and plan to attend more.
16. I donated both time and money to several worthy causes.


Now the goals for 2008 are as follows:

1. to take vacation to Belize in March
2. to quit smoking forever
3. to give up eating cheese for one year -- well not buy any to have in house :)
4. to walk Weekend to End Breast Cancer in September and raise more money than I did this year
5. to send one child in Africa to school for a year
6. to develop bigger and better business and learn how to apply for grants
7. to finish university
8. to take children on another vacation and spend Christmas 2008 on a cruise with them
9. to be open to new opportunities
10. to seek out positive people with high energy

and that is what is in store for the upcoming year! I sense it will be a year with lots of positive changes and one where I see myself being able to complete some of the goals I have been working on and develop new ones.

I love New Years! I always sit home by myself and reflect on the year, the past and the future. It is my own personal celebration. May each and everyone of you have a wonderful new year and may all your dreams come true in 2008!

Peace,

Joanne

No comments: